Bringing youth into a competitive spotlight, while demonstrating the complexity and talent involved in skilled careers.
Skills Canada Saskatchewan hosts annual Olympic-style skills competitions that provide a forum for secondary, post-secondary and apprentice students to compete in over 30 trade and technology competition areas. Students participate in practical challenges designed to test the skills required in trade and technology occupations. The philosophy of the skills competitions is:
- To reward students for excellence
- To directly involve industry in evaluating student performance
- To keep training relevant to employers’ needs
Each competition is unique and designed by technical experts from education and industry. Competitions allow students to access the newest technologies and communicate with industry experts who serve as mentors by showing students that the skills they possess are valuable.
- Secondary, post-secondary and apprentice students compete in over 30 trade and technology contest areas.
- Some age limits do apply. Competitors cannot have their journey person status.
- Competitors who win at the SCS Provincial Competition may have the opportunity to advance to the Skills Canada National Competition.